Learn everything about the revolutionary automation platform at a glance: 10 reasons for ctrlX AUTOMATION as well as an overview of the product portfolio.
PLC software for scalable power
ctrX PLC software highlights
The ctrlX Data Layer provides access to all real-time and non-real-time data. It ensures centralized provision of the data selected by the user in order to enable seamless integration with other apps. Established standards such as OPC UA and MQTT ensure that the collated data and information can be shared with other systems. For control of servo drives, I/O and other field devices, ctrlX AUTOMATION mostly uses the proven performance and reliability of EtherCAT. Networking with other control systems is possible via OPC UA, PROFINET and Ethernet/IP. The power range means that ctrlX PLC can be integrated into an extremely wide range of automation environments.
The entire system involves a belt-and-braces approach to security, from the design of ctrlX AUTOMATION through to the security-by-design approach and the dedicated security apps for firewall and VPN which can be additionally supplemented – all of which is IEC 62443-certified.
ctrlX PLC systems can be centrally administered extremely easily via the ctrlX Device Portal, enabling efficient management.
The benefits for users at a glance:
- Easy start – Intuitive launching and programming
- Linux-based – Open, stable and secure real-time operating system
- Straightforward app integration – Own apps and apps from third-party providers
- ctrlX Data Layer – Centralized access to all real-time and non-real-time data
- Free choice of programming language – IEC 61131, high-level programming or graphical languages
- Full performance – Cutting-edge 64-bit multi-core ARM CPU
Flexible PLC architectures for a wide range of applications
Straightforward integration, launch and work processes
- Own real-time applications – High-level language programming for more complex tasks in real time
- Open source – Graphical open-source programming tools for swift diagnostics and visualization
- Application of scripting languages – Use of scripting language applications for algorithms, and integration of in-house developed apps and third-party apps in various different languages
- PLC add-ons – Selected CODESYS PLC add-ons for an extremely wide range of different tasks